Most viewed | ranked
Most commented | Most popular
Published on 21/07/09
Viewed 2875 times

Reverse image
Dublin st patrick cathedral
Patrick 095
Patrick 231
Patrick 222
Patrick 386
Patrick 558
Patrick 263

Related photos
St Patrck 5th Avenue
Cathedral Of Utrecht
Cohabitation Opus 20
Dsc01771 Lausanne Cathedral Portal
Strasbourg Cathedral 3
Related com
Dublin St Patrick Cathedral
Sunset Greece
New York
Fei Cathedral 1776
Tuscan 1
Nearby
etats-unis-new-york New york by night
etats-unis-new-york Manhatan seen the top of the rock
etats-unis-new-york Crysler building
etats-unis-new-york P7071577
etats-unis-new-york Dscn4502

C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
C

New york st patrick cathedral



Author 'Jacques.marcandelli' (Id 90366 ) : A picture that shows how modern architecture can cannibalize the city. St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York is still a large cathedral (the 2 arrows are at 101 meters high ...) but has been totally crushed, jammed between 1 modern glass tower and a more "classic".



Etats unis new york new york cathedrale st patrick
World trade center in 1996 New york soho district
New York Cathedrale St Patrick in 'Photo Etats Unis New York', Report error
Hidden datas
Group Album Send BBCode HTML Subscribe
<< Previous Photo<< Previous by Same Author Next by Same Author >> Next Photo >>
Fit for your screen resolution Wallpaper Iphone (320x480)
 
 
 
 
 
EXIF : Camera: HP pstc4380
E 51st St, New York, NY 10022, États-Unis

Show map with near photos.

Photo dans 1 Favoris : Spiros
New york cathedrale st patrick: 6 Comment(s) | Très bien (4.33/5) | 2 Avis de visiteur
Add a comment
NickName 
 
 Lien
S'identifier
                      
I like *



* = Required field.
Suggestions

                      

Reviews

> Spiros [G] [P] [C] [F] >Reply Dec 24, 2011
I do not find it crushed. The classic building has 6 floors, so not more than 22 metres high, the angle does seem over the top. The skyscraper glass-double of the cathedral in the reflecting.
The photo is very beautiful because it shows the harmony of three different architectural styles. It is for this reason that I put it in the set of related photos.
 
 > Author Jacques.marcandelli [G] [P] [C] >Reply
Dec 24, 2011
 
Hello,
The small building you mentioned is dominated itself by a large building (just outside the picture), and by several others : look on google earth 5th avenue and 51st street, the cathedral with the buildings in 3D checked. It is literally surrounded. In addition I also wanted to point out the small size of the sidewalks (8/10 meters) in front of and on the sides of the cathedral avenue, high traffic. Moreover, when there are outputs of holy mass, I am secure that we need police to block traffic !!!. In Europe it was when even more the culture of the esplanade in front of the cathedral and it is especially this point that I 'bother'. I agree with the logic of the grid, avenues go up to the north and streets that intersect at a right angle but at least they could have the creation of a broad street which leads in front of the door of the cathedral with a small square left to 'sacrifice' a little logical, rational american.
 
 > Spiros [G] [P] [C] [F] >Reply
Dec 25, 2011
 
I've only seen your photo, I don't know New York. The fact is that I love modern architecture but not all the achievements are. I especially love the mix of old and modern-from the fact that we cannot keep the old that mixing it with modern buildings. There are some successful examples in Paris and the new school of architecture installed in part in the factory compressed air (see photo attached).
Air comprime architecture 3
 
 > Author Jacques.marcandelli [G] [P] [C] >Reply
Dec 26, 2011
 
Yes it is true some of the old buildings are beautifully enhanced by the architects that the redrawn (security, ease of access, lighting and other). Recently I went to the musée Lalique in Alsace, the building has been installed in an old factory in ruins by the architect Jean-Michel Willmote. It is modern and ancient at the same time and you are right it is the good side of modern architecture. But if you take for example the opera Bastille in Paris, which loses pieces and is in need of a thorough renovation 20 years after its construction !!!
 
> Stan >Reply Aug 10, 2009
Photo sent the Republican golden boy full nose. Otherwise there is too much the volume of buildings.
 
> Denise arsac [G] [P] [C] [F] >Reply Aug 03, 2009
I wanted to reply to your answer (!) Because you were not obliged to give such information and it was very kind of you. I know quite well the area of Quebec: the villages, countryside, lakes, forests, rain, snow, maple, Life ... and I love it! I got an idea of the Americas, New York, of course, but I am a specialist 'paths diverted' and I get lost sometimes in unlikely corners while the fuel drops to eyes! What is beautiful to leave, I love already be in an airplane, because it is a moment of my life 'brackets' and I imagine the result, sometimes wonderful and sometimes a little disappointing, precisely because is Life. Thank you.
 
> Scrapassion31 >Reply Aug 01, 2009
Very nice perspective: there is much anachronism architectures.
 
> Jeanjacques8420 [G] [P] [C] [B] [F] >Reply Jul 31, 2009
My daughter also showed me this picture taken on the other side at night. Image shocking to us but not for them. Very difficult to take photos, it seems, precisely because of the skyscraper, then: 3:: 3:
 
> Nathea >Reply Jul 21, 2009
I like that kind of paradox, which offers a picture of contrasts, thank you for this original proposal (lack of heaven: 18:).
 
> Denise arsac [G] [P] [C] [F] >Reply Jul 21, 2009
What you say is fine, but me, your picture gives me the urge to go! Thank you.
 
 > Author Jacques.marcandelli [G] [P] [C] >Reply
Jul 21, 2009
 
Hello Denise. My comment was not purely negative, it was a simple observation on an urban sometimes not checked enough. Otherwise New York is really great and if you have the opportunity go!. By against I think the hotel prices became prohibitive frankly since I went: I came from Canada (Montreal circuit, Toronto, New York, Boston, Quebec and Montreal back) in rental car as you leave the parking of the hotel saw the price of the parking fee ($ 10/12 an hour ...). It is best to do it on foot because to put it in his eyes is too great to walk without (I was still not far from 30/40 km in 3 days).
 
Comment(s) : 6 | Average : Très bien (4.33/5)
> Add this photo to a group

Français - English - Español - Coloring New york st patrick cathedral
Legal Disclaimer and Terms of Use
Back to top | Email Subscription | Contact | Site map.